Hammer question

  • Thread starter Thread starter kishstl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kishstl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2022
Messages
16
Reaction score
9
Location
StL MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just noticed this area on the back left of my hammer. It seems to be doing well everywhere else. Is this damage from a critter (emerald or hermit crab or peppermint shrimp) or is this possibly new growth? I'm new to Hammers but this one has been in the same spot doing well for 6 mos or so. Water parameters are all pretty spot on and stable.

Thanks all!

Hammer3.jpg Hammer 4.jpg Hammer1.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Hammer vid.mp4
    11.2 MB
It’s a dead head.
 
Dang. There was an emerald crab in the area prior to me noticing it. I was afraid it might have been the culprit. Do i do anything or just leave it there?
 
Leave it. Nothing you can do now.
 
Thanks for the quick help!!!!
 
Emerald crabs can be hit or miss. Personally I generally don't keep them in most my reef tanks. Most crabs if hungry have the possibility of ripping open LPS flesh to get food
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new