Hammer showing bald up top

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have other hammer corals in the tank, which all appear fine except I just noticed recently one that is balding out up top. When the lights turn on and ramp up, the hammer completely opens and I don't see the bald spot.

Nothing has changed in the tank and parameters appear normal as I monitor weekly. See attached picture, and let me now what you all think. My Nitrates and Phosphates were very low, so maybe I need to bring them up. I posted another thread, which I state that the Nitrates/Phosphates constantly drop to 0.

20231007_072502_resized.jpg
 
that bald spot is its mouth. I've never seen mine do that so I would say its not normal, something must be bothering it.

How long have you had it? how are other corals doing? what are the water parameters? What kind of lighting and flow? Need to know all the info to provide any suggestions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new