Hammer tip fell off. Is this okay?

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While working in my tank I knocked over my hammer coral and when i picked it up a part of the tenticle broke off onto my skin. Is this normal? Is it okay? It's looking perfectly fine and happy (until I knocked it over of course)

20190906_205238.jpg 20190906_204726.jpg
 
I've done this dozens of times. It's still alive. Yes...it's normal. The tentacles can easily break off. At times they float in the tank without humans being the cause.
 
Last edited:
I've done this dozens of times. I'm still alive. Yes...it's normal. The tentacles can easily break off. At times they float in the tank without humans being the cause.
So all good? It's just gonna hate be for the rest of its life and plan its revenge?
 
So all good? It's just gonna hate be for the rest of its life and plan its revenge?
Its currently planning its attack with Dr. Doofenshmirtz but dont worry Perry the Platypus will watch your back.
 
It's should be fine. A while ago I was using too much pressure and broke one into 2 pieces. At the time I thought it was the end of the coral. Well, I now have two really nice pieces and they are doing great. I suspect yours will be the same...that is until Perry the Platypus is turned into a zombie and eats everything moving in your tank!
 
I know this is so old...but....what if instead of just one tip you knocked about 80% into the water column while dislodging the coral to move it. The hammer still has a few tips attached. But only about 20% of the original.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new