Hammer tried to eat snail

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to this scene this morning... my wall hammer had half a trochus snail in its mouth. I’m assuming the snail fell off the glass and landed in the middle of the wall hammer and the snail must have triggered a feeding response from the hammer. I don’t believe the shell would have fit in the mouth of the hammer but none the less i stepped in a pulled the snail out.

EBE5E319-56C2-4A43-9043-1C7820735F66.jpeg BC0EDEBF-A49B-43DF-8096-149E538A388A.jpeg

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, they climb up, fall down and into a coral. I'm always having to rescue snails from my Hollywood Stunner, it looks like they get stung and put their foot up or in their shell and can't get off of it. Happens about twice a month for me but it's usually a Nassarius.

OP
OP
OrangeCountyReefer

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, they climb up, fall down and into a coral. I'm always having to rescue snails from my Hollywood Stunner, it looks like they get stung and put their foot up or in their shell and can't get off of it. Happens about twice a month for me but it's usually a Nassarius.
Yea he he was trapped for sure. And my nassarius snails always climb to the top of the glass and then fall and coming crashing down to the sand too.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back