Hanah high nitrate checker,,,,,

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just did my first test on the high nitrate checker my nitrates are 28.4 so now I'm just wondering with one more accurate piece of information what can or should I do about it? My tank is very stable and packed with SPS colonies. Do I consider lowering my nitrates? With my old test kits I thought my nitrates were always around 15 I guess I was wrong

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just did my first test on the high nitrate checker my nitrates are 28.4 so now I'm just wondering with one more accurate piece of information what can or should I do about it? My tank is very stable and packed with SPS colonies. Do I consider lowering my nitrates? With my old test kits I thought my nitrates were always around 15 I guess I was wrong
Please retest your water again, doesn't hurt to burn out one more packet. I tested both HR and LR Hannah with my SPS tank as well, both test were below 10ppm. I have a very tiny tank only 12 gallons of which 10 gallons are in there.

Here are the results of what I got:

Okay,

So, I ran the both the LR vs HR Hanna on my SPS system. Here are the results of that test. (LR value was done with dilution)

LR = 5.6 ppm vs HR = 6.9 ppm

LR has 0.25 +/- accuracy for error (if you are doing non-dilution test)

LR has 2.5 +/- accuracy for error (if you are diluting your sample)

HR has 2.0 +/- accuracy for error

The numbers are very close even if you enter the error rate:

HR = 4.9 - 8.9 ppm factoring error

LR = 3.1 - 8.1 ppm factoring error

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt matter what your level is, the most important thing is your tank is stable, so keep it that way, it doesnt matter if its 15 or 30, your tank is happy at what it is.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back