Handheld flow meter

  • Thread starter Thread starter cb684
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cb684

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
586
Reaction score
454
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have been looking into buying a handheld ultrasound flow meter. Anybody with experience with flow meters willing to share experiences?
 
I've been measuring flow based on the time to fill a container. That is fine, but there are some of applications in this hobby that collecting the output and timing is not ideal. I am wondering if anybody used any other more accurate method? I thought about ultrasound because it is only attaching the sensors on the outside of the pipes and getting a reading with 99% accuracy.
I know I don't need that accuracy, and would really like to learn about other, maybe more affordable (the cheapest ultrasound flow meters I found are about $400), options.
Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new