Hang on refugee issues growing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gordon15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gordon15

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2021
Messages
95
Reaction score
27
Location
Fort Gratoit
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and thank you already for looking into this and helping me. I have the posted picture refuge light and I have a problem growing keto. It just stays the same size possibly shrinking and size and not taking nutrients as it should be I have the parameters for it I believe it’s a light issue. Let me know. It’s 12w not sure if it is strong enough. On for 12 hours on a HOB fuge.
 
Likely not much nutrients load to mop up, so starve usually.
It needs a consistent supply of nitrates and phosphate to grow.
 
IMG_0313.png
 
I have the above light sorry did not connect with post.
 
The nutrients should be good to grow Chaeto, the light should be okay. Have you tried dosing iron into the aquarium?
 
The nutrients should be good to grow Chaeto, the light should be okay. Have you tried dosing iron into the aquarium?
No sump so shower caddy in tank -- single ball of chaeto that I bought 3+ years ago in my last tank is still alive in my current tank. (Only lit off-axis by my DT lighting)

I do feel like the growth rate increased when I started DIY iron dosing.
*of course, I think that MAY have also fueled GHA that I hadn't seen in 1-2 years

...anecdotal summary there,,, sorry
 
I use that same light on my sump. Sump is a 20 gallon high tank, with the light about 6" or 8" above the water line. It grows chaeto just fine. I also use CheatoGrow once in a while.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new