Hanna Alk reagent

ld762

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a 20g tank with more than 15 heads of torches. I know my Alk could go down quite a bit on a daily basis even when I was dosing AFR or Kalk.

I ran out of Hanna Alk reagent so I just bought a new bottle. For the last three days, I stopped dosing (everything not just AFR or Kalk) so I can measure daily Alk consumption. All all three daily tests came out to be exactly 8.5. The test result before that with the previous bottle was 9.5.

I am wondering if there is a defective batch or anyone else noticing similar issue. The expiration date on the new bottle is mid 2027.

Thanks.
 
No, old one was good, just ran out. I've been keeping Alk high.
 
There is some variation in between bottles i found it best to use the last test of the old bottle then immediately test with the new bottle and compare the results
 
Mine is always spot on. I usually order a couple of bottles and store the unopened bottles in the fridge. The opened bottle I keep in the test kit at room temp. My tests are always consistent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new