Hanna checker ALK

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joedubyk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Wow, I had this exact situation happen to me last week! I noticed a ~0.4 decrease in dKH between reagent bottles, and thought I had stumbled across a bad batch.

After installing my new ReefBot, which was providing results that lined up with the new reagent, I realized that I had either experienced a sudden alkalinity drop, or that my previous reagent had drifted.

I now realize it was the latter! Lesson learned- dispose of the reagent well before the bottle is empty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new