Hanna checker nitrate low range- help please

Bobby1993

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, hope you’re all well.
I bought a hanna check nitrate low range and just did my first test on it.
I didn’t know about the high range lol.

I used the dilution method to get a higher range. When I added the powder the vial was completely full to the brim! Is this correct or does it seem I did something wrong?

Also my reading was 0.73. I don’t understand this as I’m used to working with salifert. Is there a conversion chart?

Thanks in advance team!

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, hope you’re all well.
I bought a hanna check nitrate low range and just did my first test on it.
I didn’t know about the high range lol.

I used the dilution method to get a higher range. When I added the powder the vial was completely full to the brim! Is this correct or does it seem I did something wrong?

Also my reading was 0.73. I don’t understand this as I’m used to working with salifert. Is there a conversion chart?

Thanks in advance team!
Sounds like you missed a direction or two on how much liquid to add. The total at the point that you add the powder is 11 mL I think. The bottle holds 20 mL or so.

OP
OP
Bobby1993

Bobby1993

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you missed a direction or two on how much liquid to add. The total at the point that you add the powder is 11 mL I think. The bottle holds 20 mL or so.
Thanks Dan. I have 2 10ml bottles

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly. You use the large bottle for most the mix then you only take out like 7-9 mil and transfer to the smaller bottles. Good luck pushing through the dumb filter contraption. Cut your losses and get the high range one.

OP
OP
Bobby1993

Bobby1993

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly. You use the large bottle for most the mix then you only take out like 7-9 mil and transfer to the smaller bottles. Good luck pushing through the dumb filter contraption. Cut your losses and get the high range one.
Cheers for the input Ryan. As for the reading 0.73.. Will I see it as 7.3ppm of nitrates in the tank ?

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers for the input Ryan. As for the reading 0.73.. Will I see it as 7.3ppm of nitrates in the tank ?
Yes multiple by 10 it was. I did the same thing you did and ordered that one at first as well. Fought with it for a few weeks and just went and bought the high range one.

OP
OP
Bobby1993

Bobby1993

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes multiple by 10 it was. I did the same thing you did and ordered that one at first as well. Fought with it for a few weeks and just went and bought the high range one.
Thanks mate appreciate that. Ye I think I’m going to change it! Bothered with that every time!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back