Hanna Testing Accuracy

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to pass on a tip to members and how to avoid making an easy mistake with Hanna Testers. When using the included syringe an easy mistake to make is taking it all the way to the top instead of to the "0" mark. (I made this mistake early on) Going all the way to the top of the syringe will give you (inaccurate)higher readings. Initially I assumed that all the way to the top was 1 ml but that is wrong. To the "0" is 1ml. Just passing on the tip.

hanna.JPG

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to pass on a tip to members and how to avoid making an easy mistake with Hanna Testers. When using the included syringe an easy mistake to make is taking it all the way to the top instead of to the "0" mark. (I made this mistake early on) Going all the way to the top of the syringe will give you (inaccurate)higher readings. Initially I assumed that all the way to the top was 1 ml but that is wrong. To the "0" is 1ml. Just passing on the tip.

hanna.JPG

You got it and thanks for sharing!!

If you use the Hanna alk checker / 10ml of display water

@justingraham
Turned us on this syringe some years back.

Screenshot (120).png

Gives the same amount of display water, ever time... :cool:

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the right on the right is the correct measurement. I had to kinda of figure myself out as I was not familiar with it. Companies need to stop playing game, we need things easy to use, most of us ain’t no nurse doc or chemist lol

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

hanna.JPG

It gets more convoluted with a lot of tests kits that hold volume of liquid in the plastic cone attached to the syringe. Drives me nuts

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back