Hanna vs Others

wizard261

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Know this has probably been asked. What testers to use for ALL the different levels I have Hanna for Cal,ULR Phos , Alk What should I be using for the rest so as not to buy things I dont need I am going to start getting into Corals soon and want to be ready

Thanksas always
Mike

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use Hannah for quick salinity check, no3 and po4. I use salifert for alk, cal and mag.

Will59Payne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, calcium, phosphorus, phosphates, iron, magnesium, and alkalinity. All of them are Hanna checkers, but NO3 is Salifert and Mag is Red Sea. I typically test daily when setting up a new tank to watch the cycle, but I only test a few things a week or when things look off. You may want to add or subtract from that list depending on your livestock as some corals and inverts have special needs so it will help to know what each type of coral you have will require so you know what to test and how often.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll want to test for Alkalinity, Calcium, magnesium(not really needed), Nitrates, and Phosphates.

Ammonia, and nitrites are useless once the tank is cycled, you'll never use them again.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have most of the Hanna checkers, but only use the Phosphate ULR regularly.

For other tests I've gone back to Salifert which are plenty accurate and cost less.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%

Back