Hannah alk checker...

  • Thread starter Thread starter jhart85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jhart85

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
67
Reaction score
24
Location
glenmora
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting readings of 6.3 on a Hannah checker on freshly mixed aqua forest reef salt. salinity is tested at 35 with refractometer and 1.0266 with a tropic Marin hydrometer. the icp on the salt mix comes back at 8.4 and my salifert test it at 8.3. has anyone else experienced a 2dkh discrepancy with the Hannah tester? thanks guys
 
Im getting readings of 6.3 on a Hannah checker on freshly mixed aqua forest reef salt. salinity is tested at 35 with refractometer and 1.0266 with a tropic Marin hydrometer. the icp on the salt mix comes back at 8.4 and my salifert test it at 8.3. has anyone else experienced a 2dkh discrepancy with the Hannah tester? thanks guys
Mine sits on a shelf.
Just could not trust it versus my refractometer.
 
Mine sits on a shelf.
Just could not trust it versus my refractometer.
that's why im reaching out, im struggling with discrepancies all across the board including fauna Marin icp results. when I kept it simple I kept acros when I advanced the hobby im rtn/stn master now
 
that's why im reaching out, im struggling with discrepancies all across the board including fauna Marin icp results. when I kept it simple I kept acros when I advanced the hobby im rtn/stn master now
Is your issue with the Hanna Alk or Salinity checker?
If it’s the Alk, mines been great for years, but the Salinity, CA, MG checkers all I could never seem to trust.
 
Is your issue with the Hanna Alk or Salinity checker?
If it’s the Alk, mines been great for years, but the Salinity, CA, MG checkers all I could never seem to trust.
It’s with the alk it’s coming back low
 
It’s with the alk it’s coming back low
Then I think it’s low, but considering you have other tests resulting in more of a what’s expected, perhaps the reagent is done.

No question with that checker in weekly test exceeding 5 years, provided salinity is 35ppt and MG is 1350-1400ppm.

I did get some weird results when my MG fell too low at 1200ppm.
 
Then I think it’s low.

No question with that checker in weekly test exceeding 5 years.
Icp for that salt mix and salifert test at 8.3/8.4 respectfully at 35ppt. My trident was calibrated with Hannah and I’ve got burnt tips with a salifert reading of 11.1 and a Hannah of 8.6 which led to the detective work
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new