Hannah Marine Master Cuvettes

  • Thread starter Thread starter reely989
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reely989

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Messages
343
Reaction score
234
Location
Auburn
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else have trouble with the cuvettes leaking a bit when mixing? I don't think it's a huge deal, but if there is a simple fix for it I'd be willing to spend a few bucks to make it easier. I was thinking maybe some plumbers tape on the threads or O-rings? That gonna be the best bet?
 
That’s odd. I have many of the cuvettes, and non of them are leaking. They shouldn’t leak. Is the kit new? Do they all leak?
Within the last few months. Never had issue with the cuvette with the individual testers but these larger ones seem to always leak when I invert them or shake them.
 
Within the last few months. Never had issue with the cuvette with the individual testers but these larger ones seem to always leak when I invert them or shake them.
I didn’t realize they were different from the individual kits. Those are the only ones I’ve used.

Have you tried to contact Hanna for a resolution? I suppose you could try and prevent the leaking. It’s just my opinion that you shouldn’t have to if they are newer and Hanna can either exchange them or has a solution.
 
I have several that leak.....IMO, its the white paper/plastic coated seal within the cap.
I just replaced the cuvettes with one's from dollar store
 
Within the last few months. Never had issue with the cuvette with the individual testers but these larger ones seem to always leak when I invert them or shake them.
You’re supposed to use the clear plastic plugs that come with the large cuvettes. There is no other seal in the screw on lids.
 
You’re supposed to use the clear plastic plugs that come with the large cuvettes. There is no other seal in the screw on lids.
Ah that explains it. I’ll diy something then.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new