Happy Canada Day

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and my Scottish Daughter in Law just told me their day will be October 19 2023 - maybe

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people here (and certainly in the NWT) call them "bulldog flies" for a real reason. I fondly recall days of swimming in Great Slave Lake while being bombarded by them, and having to swim underwater for escape. :)
Sounds like the making of a horror movie. Haha. I was young when I lived in Alberta and BC but I think I remember them most when we would hike/camp in the Rockies (I think). They are awful creatures and now my older self wonders what purpose they serve in the tree of life. Aaaah such fond Canadian childhood memories. :)

TigNJaxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But if you gained independence, how are you still in the Commonwealth? I guess there's different definitions of independence. But, politics aside, I just came back from a trip to Vancouver and Whistler, and we all had a great time! In fact, my wife surprised me by saying, "I could see living here!"
Banff area is GORGEOUS! Amazing scenery/hikes. Then off course there's Lake Louise <3

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 166 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back