Hard white spots on tank wall(s)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Amstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
822
Reaction score
483
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My back wall and one of the sides of the tank has hard white “dots” all over it

Easy to scrap off with an algae scrubber - any idea what it is - I haven’t cleaned the back wall in a long time since it’s an in the wall tank


IMG_0049.jpeg
 
I think those are spirobid worms. Normal thing to happen as I’ve had them too. They can irritate corals and be everywhere so just scrape them off and should be okay. Pretty sure they are harmless filter feeders
 
I will scrap them off and keep the back wall and side wall clean like the front glass -- see how fast they come back or if they do --

I have some in the sump as well but not as worried ---

they do not seem to have spirals/or shells -- not sure if its an organism or more of a "Growth"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new