Harlequin Shrimp pair laid eggs... Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter BCN_Sumps
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Me too. It would've been nice if she waited another day. I just put them in their new tank and didn't have time to set up the inside yet. They try to attack me just for looking at the eggs and they beat the crap out of my mandarin, so I guess I'll be waiting to aqua scape. I will have to get the eggs out before they hatch so they don't get eat up. Ill post pictures of them shortly
 
At first I was like, "On the starfish? What on earth?" Then I realized they were giving the babies their first meal.
 
i had a harlequin shrimp that lays egg...i did research on how to breed because the female just keeps laying egg a lot...but it seems complicated to breed them..the fry just ends up being fish and coral food...:( hope u will be able to breed...
heres a quick video that i wanna share..unfortunately i dont have the pair anymore :(rip
MVI_1028.MOV - YouTube
 
Last edited:
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377145083.029991.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377145125.699120.jpg
 
Sorry for the crappy pics, I have two pretty good videos but still working on figuring out how to upload them. There were so many eggs on the starfish when first saw them, but they were gone shortly after. I think I'm going to have to just prepare for the eggs before they arrive so they have a better chance at survival.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new