Harvey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news on how Red Sea is holding up with all the rain in Houston? Was supposed to have a Reefer 250 shipped out last Friday, but I'm guessing it'll be delayed a while...trivial compared to the disaster going on there.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my tank shipped out before Harvey (around Aug 17) and just got here last Monday. Unfortunately the overflow glass was cracked. I've reached out, but I'm pretty sure they're closed because of Harvey. I got this after submitting a follow up email today to their tech support page:

New Reefer 170, cracked overflow

OP
OP
Rick Krejci

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad luck...hopefully everything will work out once they get back on their feet!

Mine was dispatched from Houston Friday night, about the same time Harvey made landfall in S Texas. So just made it out.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad luck...hopefully everything will work out once they get back on their feet!

Mine was dispatched from Houston Friday night, about the same time Harvey made landfall in S Texas. So just made it out.

Did you get your tank yet?

I was contacted by Red Sea and they said they would ship a new one out (this is a week ago). Since then the tracking number still doesn't work and they haven't responded to my latest inquiries on getting the right tracking number.

Hope they're ok still.

NYC_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting... My 170 finally arrived after being shipped from the marine depot warehouse, but there was visible damage to the glass and I was able to refuse delivery. MD was quick to follow up and put in an order for a replacement from the Red Sea facility, but no word yet on timing.

I wonder if there is any difference in the shipping process when you order through a LFS shipped to them rather than having it shipped direct to the consumer. A couple of authorized dealers I called claimed they could have one in by Wednesday

OP
OP
Rick Krejci

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get mine last Friday...was in great shape, went together perfectly and it's going through the cycle...impatiently waiting. I ordered through Premium Aquatics (still on sale there) and it was drop-shipped from Houston Red Sea facility there.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting... My 170 finally arrived after being shipped from the marine depot warehouse, but there was visible damage to the glass and I was able to refuse delivery. MD was quick to follow up and put in an order for a replacement from the Red Sea facility, but no word yet on timing.

I wonder if there is any difference in the shipping process when you order through a LFS shipped to them rather than having it shipped direct to the consumer. A couple of authorized dealers I called claimed they could have one in by Wednesday

Sorry to hear. I'm still waiting for mine to even have a valid tracking number, and Red Sea put in an order directly to have it shipped on Aug 1st (one week ago). Still nothing.

I did get mine last Friday...was in great shape, went together perfectly and it's going through the cycle...impatiently waiting. I ordered through Premium Aquatics (still on sale there) and it was drop-shipped from Houston Red Sea facility there.

Lucky! I got mine from Premium Aquatics as well, and was drop-shipped. I talked to BRS about price matching, but they couldn't because it's a MAP. Not sure how PA is doing it. But happy with PA's customer support as always.

OP
OP
Rick Krejci

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to PAS and got a Road Runner tracking number...took a few days after that to get an email from them. Maybe they have it. With the mess down there, I don't imagine much is moving yet.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to PAS and got a Road Runner tracking number...took a few days after that to get an email from them. Maybe they have it. With the mess down there, I don't imagine much is moving yet.

Who is PAS?

Red Sea sent me a RoadRunner tracking number as well, but I still haven't gotten anything from them, nor does my tracking number work. What website are you using to track it? Did you get an email from Road Runner?

OP
OP
Rick Krejci

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry...PA, Premium Aquatics

Enter your tracking number here:
https://www.rrts.com/Tools/Tracking/Pages/default.aspx

I didn't get any email from RR. Once I saw it arrived at the local office, I gave that office a call to set up an appointment proactively since I was going to be out of town for a day. Arrived a few hours late, but it was a rainy day here in Ohio from the Harvey remnants.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry...PA, Premium Aquatics

Enter your tracking number here:
https://www.rrts.com/Tools/Tracking/Pages/default.aspx

I didn't get any email from RR. Once I saw it arrived at the local office, I gave that office a call to set up an appointment proactively since I was going to be out of town for a day. Arrived a few hours late, but it was a rainy day here in Ohio from the Harvey remnants.

Thanks, I have that link too, but even a week later, it still gives me an error with the tracking number, saying nothing like that is in their systems. Either I got a bad tracking number, something was mixed up, or they just haven't worked in a week because of Harvey. Red Sea told me, however, they did put the order in and it sounds like it should have been shipped. But even now, Red Sea hasn't confirmed since I talked to them a week ago.

@NYC_Reef how about you? Did you get your RoadRunner tracking number? And if so, are you able to track it? It sounds like you contacted Red Sea about the same time I did.

NYC_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm not surprised given that my replacement order went in mid day Friday

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: got a call today from RoadRunner this morning and they will deliver the tank this Wednesday. I'm pretty sure the tracking number I got from Red Sea was wrong. I didn't get a chance to ask them, but hey, my tank is coming!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back