Has anyone bought coral from Corals Anonymous

stoned-reefer83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 4 zoa frags and a colony of gsp from Corals Anonymous. About 3 weeks ago. 2 of the zoas have almost completely detached from the frag plugs, the gsp looks kinda sickly, and even tho I used Coral RX and dipped before placing in my tank. I'm now having issues with cyano and noticed yesterday, an aiptasia that popped up out of nowhere in my tank. I'm pretty diligent about water changes, and pristine water in my tank. Just wondering if a got some crappy corals or is this the norm for that company? Usually I order from WWC

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 4 zoa frags and a colony of gsp from Corals Anonymous. About 3 weeks ago. 2 of the zoas have almost completely detached from the frag plugs, the gsp looks kinda sickly, and even tho I used Coral RX and dipped before placing in my tank. I'm now having issues with cyano and noticed yesterday, an aiptasia that popped up out of nowhere in my tank. I'm pretty diligent about water changes, and pristine water in my tank. Just wondering if a got some crappy corals or is this the norm for that company? Usually I order from WWC
never purchased from them and that sucks that happened to you, I would say hands down the best frags come from other hobbyist and not online stores. I have had amazing frags under the Reef2Reef livestock selling tab and highly recommend.

some of the worst corals I have purchased health wise and with pests is Ebay..... stay away.

TSA corals and WWC corals have been great but you pay way more than you can get from others in the hobby.

royaleFork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them a lot as their deals are stupid good and have not had any issues with their corals.

I have had issues with fish and inverts though. The one time I bought fish they all died within 24 hours. One order with snails had one dead snail with aptasia on it. I think I caught it in time, but I guess time will tell.

The corals I have gotten have been torches, hammers, cloves, and some Duncans I believe.

OP
OP
stoned-reefer83

stoned-reefer83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never purchased from them and that sucks that happened to you, I would say hands down the best frags come from other hobbyist and not online stores. I have had amazing frags under the Reef2Reef livestock selling tab and highly recommend.

some of the worst corals I have purchased health wise and with pests is Ebay..... stay away.

TSA corals and WWC corals have been great but you pay way more than you can get from others in the hobby.
Yes I'm learning where to and not to obtain corals lol. I'm only about 6 months into the hobby. Some could say I took the hard route to learn as I started with only a 10 gallon tank. Currently building a 75 gallon now. I've been reading R2R post for 8 or 10 months. Finally just a few days ago decided to join in on conversations because there seems to be quite a few folks on here that I have learned from just by reading post. I always wanted a reef tank but I was an OTR truck driver for 17 years, now retired by force due to an accident. (Hit by another vehicle while unloading my truck) and decided this past December that I finally have time for it.

OP
OP
stoned-reefer83

stoned-reefer83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them a lot as their deals are stupid good and have not had any issues with their corals.

I have had issues with fish and inverts though. The one time I bought fish they all died within 24 hours. One order with snails had one dead snail with aptasia on it. I think I caught it in time, but I guess time will tell.

The corals I have gotten have been torches, hammers, cloves, and some Duncans I believe.
Yes their prices are pretty good! I dove in yesterday and removed the aiptasia from my tank. Hopefully that was the only one that hitch hiked in. I'm so nervous to order fish or snails now lol

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them. Healthy corals ! Looked like the picture. But think they mainly sell recent imports or recently fragged corals. Maybe the dip pushed them over the edge in addition to coral shipping stress.

I think dipping healing frags after shipping basically can tank their survival rate.

It’s best to do QT and then dip after they adjust and if they look like they need

OP
OP
stoned-reefer83

stoned-reefer83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them. Healthy corals ! Looked like the picture. But think they mainly sell recent imports or recently fragged corals. Maybe the dip pushed them over the edge in addition to coral shipping stress.

I think dipping healing frags after shipping basically can tank their survival rate.

It’s best to do QT and then dip after they adjust and if they look like they need
That's probably a good idea. Never thought about that. Thanks for the advice

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back