Has anyone ever been successful with Chromis

Snailpowered

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green reef chromis lay about every4 months or so. They have gotten quite good at keeping the clutch nice and tight. The problem is that they are always on the glass, so eventually the snails eat them. Not that I would know what to do if I could protect them from predators.

Could you guys give me any info positive or negative on attempting to raise some fry?

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are very hard to raise!I havent personally raised them,but I raised 2 of the yellow tail damsels,and it was SOOOOOOO hard. Check out MOFIB aka Marine Breeder (dot) org

OP
OP
S

Snailpowered

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, if its that hard mabe ill pass on the opportunity, at least my snails get a little caviar treat every few months. BTW is your yellow tails aggressive? Mine is such a bully, Im thinking about taking him out. He killed a really nice Jawfish that i recently purchased.

Airplanes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was one person on my local board that had some small suscess with them and did a very detailed thread, If your interested pm me if you want me to send you a link to use for a guide.

Alkamist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow tails i hate those guys lol there pretty mean to new fish and don't stop attacking, i had to get him out asap. Evil little fish.

Reef keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i had a trio i got that spawned but got rid of em due to their appetite for rare sps

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back