Has anyone ever had luck with?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not usually the fish police but don;t you feel 10 inches is a little small for Angels o_O :p
Lol 10' whoops!

JoseA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do they do with other triggers? I have a tiny CT in my community fish tank but I want to make a trigger tank

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do they do with other triggers? I have a tiny CT in my community fish tank but I want to make a trigger tank
If he's already established and you plan on adding other triggers good luck. The other way around maybe just depends on their sizes and order of introduction. What kind of fish do you currently have him with. .. You said community which makes me very curious[emoji51]

JoseA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he's already established and you plan on adding other triggers good luck. The other way around maybe just depends on their sizes and order of introduction. What kind of fish do you currently have him with. .. You said community which makes me very curious[emoji51]

I have 2 clownfish, sail tang, orange shoulder, spotted boxfish, spiny puffer, clown tang, powder brown tang, black trigger, Picasso trigger, pink tail trigger, clown trigger,. I think that is all in that tank

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clownfish, sail tang, orange shoulder, spotted boxfish, spiny puffer, clown tang, powder brown tang, black trigger, Picasso trigger, pink tail trigger, clown trigger,. I think that is all in that tank
Nice! How big is the clown trigger? How long have you had him? What do you feed him? What size tank is he in? After hearing so many horror stories I'm thinking mayyyybe not to get him after all [emoji19]

JoseA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! How big is the clown trigger? How long have you had him? What do you feed him? What size tank is he in? After hearing so many horror stories I'm thinking mayyyybe not to get him after all [emoji19]

He still tiny about 2", he loves flakes and pellets. He is in a 150g.

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He still tiny about 2", he loves flakes and pellets. He is in a 150g.
See that's what concerns me. All of them once they hit 6 ish inches it's all bad from there. Best of luck... i think I might just go for a harlequin tusk instead... Not 100 percent sure anymore[emoji52]

JoseA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See that's what concerns me. All of them once they hit 6 ish inches it's all bad from there. Best of luck... i think I might just go for a harlequin tusk instead... Not 100 percent sure anymore[emoji52]

oh and I forgot the scopas tang and the hippo tang in this tank. I'm going to setup an other 150g and get all the triggers together and live the tangs in this one

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See that's ideal, but I don't want another tank except for a larger one to replace the one I currently have. I ranked out and got a harlequin tusk instead. He's not a clown trigger, but he is a pretty one and I've never had one of these before.

azjohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found Groupers make decent tank mates for the larger aggressive trigs ( Fuscus, Clown and Queen) You could add some damsels when the trigs are young and it can work. I presently have a Fuscus Trigger and Miniatus Grouper ( both about 7") with 6 Domino Damsels and so far its worked out

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found Groupers make decent tank mates for the larger aggressive trigs ( Fuscus, Clown and Queen) You could add some damsels when the trigs are young and it can work. I presently have a Fuscus Trigger and Miniatus Grouper ( both about 7") with 6 Domino Damsels and so far its worked out
Yeah that wouldn't work for me because I have a mix of fish, dwarf angels, Hawks, anthias. .. i just got a harlequin y tusk instead[emoji52]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back