has anyone ever made there own algae magnet

  • Thread starter Thread starter rng_pw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rng_pw

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
612
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a magnavore 6 for my aquarium and it still doesnt do a very good job. I dont really want to spend 200.00 dollars on another magnet so im wondering how hard it would be to make my own? What size of magnets would I need etc. If you have experience please help me out. My tank is acrylic with 3/4 inch thick walls. Thanks in advance
 
Acrylic = Too dangerous for the Magnavore. I used one for a while and I wish I never started. I've been using an old credit card and it's been great!
 
ohh thanks I never thought about that. Yeah I agree with the magnavore. it is now a really expesive frag rack magnet :). As for the credit card method im not sure how well it will work with my tank. Theres spots that I cant reach. What do you do with those spots?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new