Has anyone here had reefing-related dreams?

Have you had any reefing-related dreams?

• Total voters

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you had reefing-related dreams? If so, please share!

I’ll start. I have this reoccurring dream in which there is a massive overhaul of scleractinian coral taxonomy. This dream happens only occasionally, but enough times that it’s a normal occurrence. Sometimes, all the chalices (plus Leptoseris for some reason) get put in their own family, other times, Lobophylliidae and Merulinidae get split up. In the most recent version of this dream, Acanthastrea and Danafungia got classified in the same family based on their spiky septa. During one of these dreams, i dreamt that Veron (known for opposing reclassifications based on molecular data) actually changed his CoTW website to fit the reclassifications, citing that the study (in my dream) ”partially used morphological evidence.” These dreams started occurring shortly after the Octocorallia taxonomic overhaul happened, so it might be something related to that.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one where my wife bought me a flaming prawn goby for my pico. Was excited until I woke up.

Now my wife on the other hand.....had a dream I bought a squid. She has very vivid dreams. Very. She thought I bought squid and woke me up tapping me on the arm asking how the squid was. Lol. I said squid? What squid? Wife, the squid you bought. Me, I didnt buy a squid..Wife you bought one yesterday. Me, no I didnt. Wife, yes or octopus or what ever it is. Realising she was still sleeping I said no I didnt and started laughing. She then got extremely mad while still asleep and telling me its not funny and to stop, again still asleep. She kind of woke up but half dazed with me laughing and was mad and confused. I told her in the morning and she laughed.

Not the first time I got in trouble for that while she slept. I have learned to roll over and play dead. Dont make eye contact, dont move and dont respond. She is fine in the morning. Its just her vivid dreams so not actually mad or anything.

Just for safety I have read this to my wife to verify and having her hit send. She may proof read before sending. If there is errors you know she hadnt proof read.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had sooo many!! Most good but have some bad, like my tank breaking, a good one was all the Dino’s in my tank just disappeared! Also had my family completely stick my tank with cool fosh that don’t exist in the wild! I was so happy couldn’t stop discovering new ones in the tank until the vacuum started in real life. Was so sad

OP
OP
encrustingacro

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had another dream last night that I was fragging a Scoly (but it looked more like a bowerbanki). For some reason, I was using a router.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back