Has anyone ordered from ReefFactoryUSA.com?

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How have folks’ experience ordering online from @Reef Factory USA been? (edited to @ the proper account on R2R)

I placed an order for a KH Keeper Plus, doser and a few other accessories 5 days ago and haven’t received any sort of communication/confirmation from them about the order, not to mention their advertised (here in R2R) discount code did not work when checking out — something I messaged here and never got a reply for. My account shows the order is paid in full and not fulfilled.

I get that it’s the holidays (and every company is burning the candle at both ends), but I’d have hoped that a company selling a pretty vital piece of equipment for our reefs would have more diligent customer service. At least give me a sense when you’d be able to fulfill the order, please!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a phone number for them?

I asked a question about AquaSD in their sponsor forum and they called me on the phone within 2 hours!

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Following. Just noticed these guys myself. They have a whole ecosystem for the reef. Lights, Dosers, etc . The lights look pretty slick . Looks to be on the high end of equipment.

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a phone number for them?

I asked a question about AquaSD in their sponsor forum and they called me on the phone within 2 hours!

Unfortunately not. No numbers are listed on their site, nor included on any order confirmation emails from the order.

Hopefully the tag in the original post helps, but, I had asked about the BF discount code in their sponsored forum here… still no reply to that inquiry (I really should have taken that as a warning to not order).

aleksanderalski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have folks’ experience ordering online from @Reef Factory USA been? (edited to @ the proper account on R2R)

I placed an order for a KH Keeper Plus, doser and a few other accessories 5 days ago and haven’t received any sort of communication/confirmation from them about the order, not to mention their advertised (here in R2R) discount code did not work when checking out — something I messaged here and never got a reply for. My account shows the order is paid in full and not fulfilled.

I get that it’s the holidays (and every company is burning the candle at both ends), but I’d have hoped that a company selling a pretty vital piece of equipment for our reefs would have more diligent customer service. At least give me a sense when you’d be able to fulfill the order, please!
Thank you for the feedback. The site as well as the distribution is still being developed. I will forward all your comments to people responsible for the website, because it’s taking too long for sure. You can PM me if you still need help.

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the feedback. The site as well as the distribution is still being developed. I will forward all your comments to people responsible for the website, because it’s taking too long for sure. You can PM me if you still need help.
Received your PM and replied. Thank you for any assistance!

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Posting a quick update. Major thanks to @aleksanderalski for going above and beyond for me, but, I still have received no communications from the @Reef Factory USA team on my order.

Lessons learned:
  • Don’t order from a site that doesn’t at least provide a direct (phone) line of contact to inquire about order
  • Don’t order from a site that doesn’t provide the opportunity to cancel and refund an order before it’s been shipped out
  • When considering such a crucial (and costly) investment for your tanks, customer service backing up every aspect of your relationship with that equipment and the company should be a top determining factor

Attachments

• 6D0C51F5-07EF-43BF-80CE-5F602CB9A203.jpeg
    6D0C51F5-07EF-43BF-80CE-5F602CB9A203.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 49

Reef Factory USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting a quick update. Major thanks to @aleksanderalski for going above and beyond for me, but, I still have received no communications from the @Reef Factory USA team on my order.

Lessons learned:
  • Don’t order from a site that doesn’t at least provide a direct (phone) line of contact to inquire about order
  • Don’t order from a site that doesn’t provide the opportunity to cancel and refund an order before it’s been shipped out
  • When considering such a crucial (and costly) investment for your tanks, customer service backing up every aspect of your relationship with that equipment and the company should be a top determining factor
Hi @argiBK

We just wanted to sincerely apologise both for the lack of communication and delay in shipping of your order. This holiday period has caused quite a bit of backlog between warehousing and the carries to get your order to your door.

I also have to give a give thanks to @aleksanderalski he reached out to us and provided us with the update that there was a concern with your parcel and we just wanted to get all the details in order before we got in touch with you.

To address some of your concerns:

• Our direct line is (747) 247 3671 and a contact form is available at the bottom of our page in the contact link. However, we have noticed the link to our contact us page link isn’t very visible so we will fix our page to have it present in our top bar.
• Due to us only having PayPal and direct bank transfers as a payment option we cannot provide the opportunity to cancel and refund an order before it’s been shipped out. However, we are working with payment processing partners to update this side of our customer ordering experience and will hopefully have that sorted by the new year.
• Once again we do apologise for this, we aim to have an incredible customer experience and due to this incident have taken quite a few measures, between our support staff and warehousing, to ensure no customer feels left in the dark when it comes to their order or any other aftersales support.
We’d also like to say we’re sorry we have been quite inactive on R2R, we’re working on getting all of our social media and forum presence on point, and we really hope to engage with the community here on a timelier basis.

-James
Head of Sales/Support
Reef Factory USA

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi @argiBK

We just wanted to sincerely apologise both for the lack of communication and delay in shipping of your order. This holiday period has caused quite a bit of backlog between warehousing and the carries to get your order to your door.

I also have to give a give thanks to @aleksanderalski he reached out to us and provided us with the update that there was a concern with your parcel and we just wanted to get all the details in order before we got in touch with you.

To address some of your concerns:

• Our direct line is (747) 247 3671 and a contact form is available at the bottom of our page in the contact link. However, we have noticed the link to our contact us page link isn’t very visible so we will fix our page to have it present in our top bar.
• Due to us only having PayPal and direct bank transfers as a payment option we cannot provide the opportunity to cancel and refund an order before it’s been shipped out. However, we are working with payment processing partners to update this side of our customer ordering experience and will hopefully have that sorted by the new year.
• Once again we do apologise for this, we aim to have an incredible customer experience and due to this incident have taken quite a few measures, between our support staff and warehousing, to ensure no customer feels left in the dark when it comes to their order or any other aftersales support.
We’d also like to say we’re sorry we have been quite inactive on R2R, we’re working on getting all of our social media and forum presence on point, and we really hope to engage with the community here on a timelier basis.

-James
Head of Sales/Support
Reef Factory USA

I also want to acknowledge your personal correspondence on this matter. Thank you both so much for getting all this sorted.

Now just looking forward to delivery and installation day!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back