Has anyone seen a millepora like this before? ID help

DiamondReef128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Bought this from my lfs after they received a huge shipment of acro colonies all of which were maricultured.
Under blues or white lights, the colors that it shows are pink, purple, teal, and blue. I’ve been looking up milleporas everywhere and can’t seem to id this one.
IMG_5578.jpeg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this from my lfs after they received a huge shipment of acro colonies all of which were maricultured.
Under blues or white lights, the colors that it shows are pink, purple, teal, and blue. I’ve been looking up milleporas everywhere and can’t seem to id this one.
IMG_5578.jpeg
What ID are you looking for? It's Acropora millepora. If you're looking for a trade name like Ultra Magnificent Unicorn Urine, it won't have one since it is a maricultured piece and has no lineage.

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had a maricultured colony come in like that and it ended up turning a greyish silver color and lost its rainbow coloring under LED lighting. Could stay under halides, update us as time goes by though!

OP
OP
D

DiamondReef128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Ive had a maricultured colony come in like that and it ended up turning a greyish silver color and lost its rainbow coloring under LED lighting. Could stay under halides, update us as time goes by though!
I’ll let you guys know how the magnificent unicorn urine does! Thanks for the replies!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ID are you looking for? It's Acropora millepora. If you're looking for a trade name like Ultra Magnificent Unicorn Urine, it won't have one since it is a maricultured piece and has no lineage.
You win the internet today! Bahahaha

OP
OP
D

DiamondReef128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Are you willing to ship?
I would be okay with shipping but I would honestly wait to see how the colors come out after sitting under leds for a while. I’ll keep it updated. The polyps are full and they’re a seafoam green color.

Attachments

• IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 54

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be okay with shipping but I would honestly wait to see how the colors come out after sitting under leds for a while. I’ll keep it updated. The polyps are full and they’re a seafoam green color.
I'm sorry that was my lame attempt at humor :face-with-hand-over-mouth:. Beautiful piece. It is amazing how these can change color.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) it’s a really really nice piece
2) let’s shake up everyone even more lol. Do you mind sharing how much this unicorn urine colony cost ?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe send a couple pieces to sit under some halides..(ehh hum) I'll pay for a slice...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back