Has anyone seen a peppermint shrimp like this?

blakjak12

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2046.jpeg
does anyone’s else’s peppermint shrimp have a bump? It has molted 4 times over the last few months and you can see his lump in the molt too. Maybe just one of a kind birth defect?
 
Definitely a parasite, but I've seen them live for a long time with these parasites. It's not a death sentence. I would only worry if you're keeping other shrimp you're concerned about.

That's a cool peppermint shrimp. I normally see Lysmata boggessi around here. That might be a wurdemanni.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new