Has anyone seen this? what could it be? should I remove it?

leonardomanzano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always assumed it was a small anemone at first but now I want to have another pair of eyes to take a look at it as im starting to have doubts image0 (13).jpeg

Attachments

• Video_1 (1).mov
    678.5 KB
  • Video (3).mov
    706.6 KB

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not able to view your videos, but is your image is very difficult to see because it is so dark.

Can you turn on your whites or shine a flashlight to illuminate the target more clearly?

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E393AF04-BAD7-479C-9C13-5D7626312A3E.jpeg

I’ll raise you one harder to see photo haha I thought you might be posting what I believe to be a small glass ball anemone with a red foot (based on scouring the reefing sites and internet in general), which glows similarly to yours at night- however mine looks more like a perfect circle, and when you zoom you can see a few more spread outside the circle. Yet yours has 6 pretty distinct ball tips, if we’re talking about the same little guys…so small, really tough to photograph…

OP
OP
leonardomanzano

leonardomanzano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not able to view your videos, but is your image is very difficult to see because it is so dark.

Can you turn on your whites or shine a flashlight to illuminate the target more clearly?
unfortunately it has closed up :(
I have some reef lenses I can use, I'll use them to take a better picture of it tomorrow!

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E393AF04-BAD7-479C-9C13-5D7626312A3E.jpeg

I’ll raise you one harder to see photo haha I thought you might be posting what I believe to be a small glass ball anemone with a red foot (based on scouring the reefing sites and internet in general), which glows similarly to yours at night- however mine looks more like a perfect circle, and when you zoom you can see a few more spread outside the circle. Yet yours has 6 pretty distinct ball tips, if we’re talking about the same little guys…so small, really tough to photograph…
Looks closest to a ball anemone IMO too

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back