Has anyone used food grade citric acid to clean gear?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I always bought citric acid from BRS and I am placing an order with saltwater aquarium and was going to add some. I decided to check amazon and it like 20 x's cheaper but they all say food grade.

I know people use the ones on there for cleaning and there are many comments on that, they use if for cooking (I think) They make bath bombs and descale stuff but havnt found a single comment on cleaning reef gear!

If anyone has used it and knows of a good one I would appreciate a link or someway to find it!

Thanks and Happy Reefing

OP
OP
nano reef

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! That was quick! Thanks. Its crazy the price difference but the food grade label scared me! I was going to clean my skimmer and down to a very small amount and I put my hand in the jar and my hand is literally raw and irritated!

I cant imagine anyone cooking with it! I did read something about a canning preservative but didint go on to read far!

I am going to order some now Plus it will get here quicker! Thanks for the advice!

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the one off Amazon, it’s the essential values brand and never had problems. I agree with @Lbrdsoxfan that it’s just relabeled and a higher price

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back