Have to remove my cats other eye

  • Thread starter Thread starter BullyBee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BullyBee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2020
Messages
855
Reaction score
575
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey now. My cat has Glaucoma in his only remaining eye. He lost his other eye to glaucoma as well. This cat (Frank) had children with my wife’s cat and I delivered the kittens.

F9F48CEC-3943-410B-AEEE-E22664129582.jpeg


This is him with his son Charlie
6FEBD2EC-F8B6-416C-B557-BDDA9B6FD598.jpeg 9D08012E-294D-4DB1-B31B-29FB72289453.jpeg

I just hope frank doesn’t go down in the pecking order.
 
Poor little guy. Feel so Bad !!

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO 9 LIVES ??
 
this is a fish forum. thanks for grossing me out
Its in the lounge for off topic and the title is pretty descriptive to avoid if you wanted to.
Just a fellow reefer sharing looking for some reassurance not a rebuke.
Hope your cat will be fine and adjust well. They find a way with love and care to be alright
 
Hey now. My cat has Glaucoma in his only remaining eye. He lost his other eye to glaucoma as well. This cat (Frank) had children with my wife’s cat and I delivered the kittens.

F9F48CEC-3943-410B-AEEE-E22664129582.jpeg


This is him with his son Charlie
6FEBD2EC-F8B6-416C-B557-BDDA9B6FD598.jpeg 9D08012E-294D-4DB1-B31B-29FB72289453.jpeg

I just hope frank doesn’t go down in the pecking order.
Is Frank diabetic, I had a friend and their cat had bad vision and the doctor found out cat was diabetic. My friend had to inject insulin night or in the morning, and then a different medicine that was powder added to the cat's food in the morning or night. Opposite of injection the powder medicine was administered. if he's diabetic , want to take care of that so cat lives a lot longer.
 
this is a fish forum. thanks for grossing me out

Title is pretty clear on the subject and it's in the lounge. Didn't have to read it. You only have yourself to blame for being "Grossed out". So thanks for sharing your totally unhelpful, pointless comment and wasting my time reading it.

@BullyBee That's such a shame, but as others have said, he seems to be in the best of hands and I'm sure this won't slow him down, best of luck for his speedy recovery :)
 
Title is pretty clear on the subject and it's in the lounge. Didn't have to read it. You only have yourself to blame for being "Grossed out". So thanks for sharing your totally unhelpful, pointless comment and wasting my time reading it.

@BullyBee That's such a shame, but as others have said, he seems to be in the best of hands and I'm sure this won't slow him down, best of luck for his speedy recovery :)
I think he's kidding, I hope he's kidding
 
I think he's kidding, I hope he's kidding

I'd like to hope so, but regardless, not really appropriate even if he was...

Pretty sure it's one of the last things I'd want to read if I was sharing a troubling situation with one of my beloved pets.
 
I'd like to hope so, but regardless, not really appropriate even if he was...

Pretty sure it's one of the last things I'd want to read if I was sharing a troubling situation with one of my beloved pets.

I just lost a Chihuahua like 2 months ago, and I cried more for that dog than for my dad when he died and my dad was a good person, decent person, I'm probably half of what he was. But still I cried more for that dog than him, pretty bad. I haven't had a dog for ages and I had this Chihuahua for like 6 years And definitely a different person when you have pets.
 
Thanks for the support guys. I just feel so bad.
 
Thanks for the support guys. I just feel so bad.

Frank looks like one tough cookie to me and I'm sure his son knows his place regardless. You have to do what you have to do. It definitely sucks and theres no way around feeling like you do, but I'm sure you will do everything you can to make his transition as smooth as possible. I mean if his glaucoma is really that bad, he probably can't see right now anymore anyway so I'm sure for him, the differences won't be HUGE.
 
Hey! I am so sorry to see this about Frank, and also for rude ppl. I work with ppl and their pets everyday, I know how stressful and upsetting it can be when the fur babies don't feel well. Cats are remarkably resilient, he will adjust well. If you have any questions, let me know. I would be happy to talk with you.
 
Thanks for the support guys. I just feel so bad.
What hurts our beloved pets hurts us. They really are part of the family. If it helps at all, the care that Frank receives is apparent in your pictures of that beautiful cat. He's fortunate to be part of such a loving family. Both human and feline.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new