Have you seen My Octopus Teacher on Netflix?

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know it’s a stretch but the documentary made me think what a shame it is that we can’t communicate with octopuses on the same level as dolphins, gorillas, parrots, canines ...

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get to see plenty of stuff about tropical reefs but I loved this because it showed how stunning temperate/cold water eco systems can be. I don't think many people realise and they are hugely overlooked in the hobby.

Plunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was an extremely powerful movie that my girlfriend and I enjoyed 110%. Amazing how the serenity of the ocean and its life changed his mindset and life, sparking a passion in his son at a young age. And the ability to leave most fears and emotions aside and just let the current and the wind take you is downright badarse, IMO.

Plunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know it’s a stretch but the documentary made me think what a shame it is that we can’t communicate with octopuses on the same level as dolphins, gorillas, parrots, canines ...

I know it sounds silly, but maybe it's best for them we don't communicate with them. What are we going to say? Sorry for destroying your home? Why did you pee on the carpet? Are you going to get a job?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back