Having trouble ramping kessils

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then it looks like you misunderstand how ramping works and did not follow the brs video instructions. Try exactly what they did and I think the kessil will ramp up and down accordingly. If not, contact Kessil.

Last edited:

andys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the cable, I've been using it on auto and it shows percentages but doesn't actually change and I have the kessils actual plugged in the E8 bar
Are you sure the outlet on the E8 Bar is on ? you dont need to have them plugged in to that to make them ramp. plug the kessils in to a wall outlet or something and try again

andys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt if the EB8 can cause his ramping issue.
If the outlet that the power supply for the kessil is not ON then ramping is not going to work. got to have power to the light before ramping will work. sorry if i did not word it correctly

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the outlet is off, not ON, then he won't be asking about why it is not ramping. He will be asking why is it not turning ON :); Specially he watched the BRS video so I don't think he missed the part where the power can be connected to anything. I had similar misunderstanding about ramping so I guess he got the same mistake. Besides connecting the kessil to an eb8 outlet has an advantage of its own....if he has enough outlet for that, why not.

If the outlet that the power supply for the kessil is not ON then ramping is not going to work. got to have power to the light before ramping will work. sorry if i did not word it correctly

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back