Having trouble with the Neptune Auto top off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robert serafino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been going for 7 months fine. Last week stopped working. It showed on the dash board it is on auto but does not fill when the water level goes below the sensor. You can put the ato in the on position it will go on. Could it be bad sensors. Can someone put me in the right direction to fix it. If it is the sensors they should last longer then that.

PapaFishRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to take the easiest approach first…..Wipe off the sensors. Disconnect and reconnect the sensors to the FMM. If that does nothing, reset your FMM. If you have more than one sensor, swap it with one that you know works. (Swap the Low and High sensor around)

Of course there is always, reset the Apex. I’ve never lost my settings on a reset, but I will admit that it makes me very anxious waiting for everything to come back online.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but you could have build up on your lower sensor, that happened to me. Also these sensors are known to have issues, usually leak water inside them. So it might not be a bad Idea to grab a spare, they are pretty cheap.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your code. There's one kill line that will permanently disable the ATO if it runs for more than a set time. With the hotter weather could be seeing more evaporation than normal, hence it's running more and triggering it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back