hawaii bound

ClowinRound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any shops out here. I'm headed for over for a small trip and would like to check out some local shops but cant seam to find anything. are they even allowed? or are frags even allowed to be brought in? TIA

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah there’s really not much of an aquarium scene there. But there are so many great spots to snorkel and see corals and fish in their natural habitat. Which island are you visiting?

AZRipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, the Big Island. Like another stated, nothing can be taken from the island. I've been 3 times and my favorite spot to dive is Puako. I imagine it's not bad for snorkeling as well. If you are not taking your own gear and will be staying in the Waikoloa area, Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures in the Queen's Marketplace is a good place to rent from. We always get our tank fill cards from them.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im headed to the big island. Thanks for the info
Go up to Puako. There are some great lesser known snorkeling spots up there. There are lots of public access points to the shore there. You can leave your car on the side of the road and snorkel around for an entire day if you want. This time of year the water is calm so I’m sure it will be great. My profile picture was taken there this past February actually.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back