Hawaii dive vacation pics

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyhog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2014
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
15,938
Location
Conway, Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I went to Kona, HI 8/27-9/4 on vacation and dove every day. Had such a good time and loved seeing some of the fish that are in our tank in nature. I can see why Kole and Yellow Tangs are inexpensive. They are like flies on the reef there. We saw Achilles, Gold Rim, Naso and Chevron tangs also. Angels included Potter's and Flame. We also saw lots of Red Coris, Psychadelic (Red Tailed) and Potter's wrasses. Butterflies included Ornate, Raccon, 4 spot, Milletseed and some others. Stoney coral was everywhere. If you like to dive and like reef tanks you have to make this trip some day.

Ornate%20butterfly%201%20of%201_zpsrukcuyjk.jpg

Morish%20Idol%201%20of%201_zpsbvzpwmyd.jpg


Cleaning station with Pyramid Butterfly and Cleaner Wrasse
cleaning%20station%201%20of%201_zpsqeutk6tp.jpg


Long Nose Butterfly pair
Longnose%20Butterfly%20pair%201%20of%201_zpsmwtnlfgi.jpg
 
WOW nice picture;)
 
Awesome! On another note purple tangs and gem tangs are also like flies on a reef ;) They just command more $$$ probably cause exportation is difficult.
 
Amazing pictures! I love the school of butterflys, they're so calm with you guys swimming right next to them. I'll definitely have to make a trip out to hawaii one of these years.
 
One more video. This is the night Manta Ray dive near the Kona Airport. One of the coolest dives I've been on and all I did was sit on a rock and film.

 
Awesome! Thanks for bringing me back! I was stationed out in Hawaii in the 90s at Pearl Harbor. I was in the water 5 days a week! I miss it so much!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new