Hawaii dive vacation pics

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyhog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Awesome and post more! :D
 
If you look in the bottom right corner of the first picture, there is a arch eye hawkfish
Is this one? These guys were everywhere!

hawkfish%20perch%202%201%20of%201_zpszpd9wce2.jpg


Trumpet fish
Blue%20Trumpetfish%201%20of%201_zpskfsaab9s.jpg

Enemy of coral....Crown Of Thorns Starfish
Crown%20of%20Thorns_zpshlo8qiao.jpg


orange%20banded%20tang2%201%20of%201_zpsipxjsjto.jpg
 
Thanks for sharing that!! So cool to see these animals in the wild!
 
@saltyhog this is exactly how I got into the hobby. I had a dad that was basically a surf bum, but luckily he was a surf bum that lived in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii so I got to look at the reefs all summer!!!
 
I did this trip back in 2010 including the manta night dive. I might have to go do it again tho, nice pictures, im jealous.
 
Those videos and pics make me want to change careers. Glad you got to experience all of this!
 
Awesome! I just got back a week ago for my 1 year anniversary. I loved the snorkeling and especially the tide pools. Unfortunately, I set my Gopro down to help an elderly couple. We hung out and BS'ed for a while and I left my GoPro. I returned and it was gone. Perhaps it will appear on craigs list.
 
When I was 16 my family went to Hawaii. I snorkeled every chance I got. My back was burned and my belly white by the end of the trip. That was where I fell in love with coral reefe and that's when I entered the hobby.
Great pics. Thank you for sharing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new