Hawaiian Feather Dusters.. QT or No?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the tissue that the tube the worm lives in is soft in nature, is there a risk of parasite larva, encysts, etc that can still hitch a ride into my system?

I am erring to the side of caution on this one. It's currently in my QT with fish, 0 meds, 0 copper. Just observation.

TIA

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I treat "softies" like feather dusters the same way I treat chaeto: 16 days of QT in a fishless environment (5 gal. bucket with a very small powerhead and 1 gal. water changes each day to keep it fresh).

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the input everyone!

This tank ran fallow for 76days about 8 months ago. I'll just do that after my current batch of QT move into the dt. Np.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's currently in my QT with fish, 0 meds, 0 copper. Just observation.

This tank ran fallow for 76days about 8 months ago. I'll just do that after my current batch of QT move into the dt. Np.

Just to be clear, the feather duster should be quarantined in an invert only quarantine tank without fish. If you put the feather duster in with fish, then it's very possible that you've already exposed them to whatever may have been riding in with the feather duster and the water.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be clear, the feather duster should be quarantined in an invert only quarantine tank without fish. If you put the feather duster in with fish, then it's very possible that you've already exposed them to whatever may have been riding in with the feather duster and the water.

Yes thank you.. as I said above, the plan will be to go 76days once the current fish in Qt with it are introduced to the DT, the timer will start then, and I will likely be grabbing a decorator crab for my macrofuge. And some buffing for my invert Cuc to get them all done at once ;)

Thanks again all for the perspectives!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back