Hawaiian long fin anthias

Never seen them offered. We recently dove Kona for 8 days and only saw one group of them. Please post pics if you get some!
 
They are a delicate fish that require cooler temps and need to be acclimated to brighter lights.

I don't see them available often, but females go for between $90-$120, males around $150.
 
I think people are getting confused, Im not talking about the ventralis anthias - first pic, I'm talking about the true Hawaiian longfin - second pic.

17936_283413969705_32999209705_3136307_3201533_n.jpg


14262998814_c730ea5214.jpg
 
I think people are getting confused, Im not talking about the ventralis anthias - first pic, I'm talking about the true Hawaiian longfin - second pic.

17936_283413969705_32999209705_3136307_3201533_n.jpg


14262998814_c730ea5214.jpg
Using scientific names rather than common names helps avoid confusion. P. hawaiiensis, isn't offered as frequently as P. ventralis and has a higher price. I have seen males offered from between $199-499. The care is the same for it and ventralis. They need cooler temps and don't like bright light.
 
Well, I saw the invoice he paid for them and I would be getting them at cost, but it's wayyy above the $400 male price point. It's for a pair, but still.
 
Thats interesting. He has them listed as ventralis, but they are not.
The photo picturesque has up is labeled correctly; those are Pseudanthias hawaiiensis.
 
They are difficult fish however if conditioned right they can be hardy :)
 
Conditioning Ventralis or Longfin can be easy or difficult. It depends on how they were collected. And then how they are treated during QT.

We have a pretty high success rate with these. Although I implore the people who purchase them to understand how to treat them if necessary.

 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new