Hawaiian Zoa's

Midknightskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I searched and i found this question but it was never answered. Should I be dosing if I am keeping these? And if so what should I be setup to dose? After doing a bit of reading it seems there is mainly talk about lighting, cleaning, feeding and a little about carbon which I already have. Thanks for the input.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zoanthids do not really need dosing of any kind. they don't have calcium carbonate skeletons and they don't have a real big feeding response however they respond well when you have nutrients in the water.

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I searched and i found this question but it was never answered. Should I be dosing if I am keeping these? And if so what should I be setup to dose? After doing a bit of reading it seems there is mainly talk about lighting, cleaning, feeding and a little about carbon which I already have. Thanks for the input.

OK. So. When I collected zoas in Hawaii I would dose iodide twice a week. I only ran 4 T5H0 and they exploded. Low flow in a nutrient rich system. My water source was NSW but I added iodide and they just took off. They like it. They love it. They want some more of it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back