Hawkins enchinata

  • Thread starter Thread starter Squadir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Squadir

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
384
Reaction score
125
Location
Trinidad, W.I.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, where do you have your Hawkins in terms of light and flow?
I have mine in high light and flow but looks kinda blah.... any advice?
 
my hawkins does well in par from 200-450 and does well in high flow as well. I find it to be pretty accommodating to light and flow. not so much to alk swings. may need to know more tank parameters with a picture would be useful.
 
Hey guys, where do you have your Hawkins in terms of light and flow?
I have mine in high light and flow but looks kinda blah.... any advice?

What do you mean by Blah? Too green, too brown?
 
IMG_0851.JPG

Mine always seemed to like high flow and high lighting.
 
I keep mine at 200-250 par and moderate flow. I have good success keeping all my smooth skin type acros lower in the tank. T5 lighting

hawkins%20mother_zpsgyvbefse.jpg


hawkins%20colony_zpsiplfkpxp.jpg
 
I have a standard RR 90 gallon tank. My Hawkins is 1/2 way down in the tank in the front where it gets good flow, but not as strong as the acros on top.
 
my hawkins does well in par from 200-450 and does well in high flow as well. I find it to be pretty accommodating to light and flow. not so much to alk swings. may need to know more tank parameters with a picture would be useful.
Alk 8
Cal 440
mag 1340
salinity 1.026
will try to get a pic.

What do you mean by Blah? Too green, too brown?
its more of a brown with a vague blueish gray on some spots
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new