Head pressures, are your elbows making a difference?

  • Thread starter Thread starter randyBRS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sorry for resurrecting this old post, but I’m up late at night planning my mad scientist lab. Part of my basement return involves getting around an inconvenient ceiling joist. So my choices are to either do two 90s with a foot of pipe in the middle or two 45s
0370261C-2207-48E8-B19E-C77EDCA70838.jpeg
There are no “freebies” in physics, but I think the math works out in this case to save just a little less than one foot of head pressure. I’m going to GUESS that the diagonal lift will be a hypotenuse, and have the lift properties of the Adjacent and Opposite sides of the angle, but the net gain of one 90° Could reduce what was
roughly a 12’ return (almost 9’ high, 9 across with two 90°) into about 11’?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new