healing factor

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giulio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Giulio

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Italy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm new here.
I want to know if, in you opinion there is a principal healing factor or a series of value inside water that can change that! If you know which please tell me...
I have a coral that had fallen up a montipora and now I can see some difficulty in reconstruction tissue.
 
Healing just takes time and good water quality. Depends on the severity of the issue. If it's a major damage issue and there is lots of tissue missing you could consider dipping the piece if possible to help prevent infection. It's said that iodine may help with soft tissue. The biggest thing is to try not to let algae grow over the damaged part because it will slow recovery. Unless you see any signs of serious damage or the area getting worse, I'd say leave it be and keep your parameters rock solid.
 
I had a red Montipora that had tissue missing but as long as you keep the water quality, flow, and par values correct it will start new growth and begin to heal pretty quick.
 
Thanks to everybody! So we can say that "stability is the way for success"! I think that some components like potassium, iodine, for example, could be help the tissue regeneration! I noticed that when algae comes on a dead part of corals, it spend lots time to recover the damage part!
I have to wait...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new