Healthy, thick cheato but phosphate increasing

Wouldn’t that just make my nitrate even lower? It’s currently around 2ppm. I’ve got a Tunze 8831 over it so I think it’s got plenty of light
I think both raising nitrate and increasing light or mass of the chaeto could produce the desired results.
 
My experience is that a refugium must be big enough.. So I just rebuilt the internal of my sump to be 50% refugium. I have bearly room for skimmer, return pump and filtersocks. I found refugium to be the most important.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new