Heater, can it touch the walls in the sump?

PostShawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I am setting up a 28g nano cube that I just bought second hand. Besides the pumps being loud and I'm going to replace them, the heater the guy through in has no suction cups. It's a glass heater. I have a titanium one that id rather use. But can I use either of them by just throwing them in one of the chambers without securing them? Is it ok if it touches the walls of the chamber? The glass one at least has a bumper at the bottom so the heater part it self probably won't touch anything.

Thanks.

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had no issue doing so in the past. If it makes you nervous, you could always get some universal suction cups from petsmart and slip over the heater. The heater isn't going to get hot enough to melt/break anything, if it did, your water would be cooking.

OP
OP
PostShawn

PostShawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. That's a good idea. I'll just grab a couple suction cups but use them more of a buffer then an attachment. I never have luck with auctions cups staying in love anyway.

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find some good ones with real stretchy loops, they should fit a wide array of heaters, but ultimately yea, they are prone to working lose.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back