Two heaters in same AIO sump chamber?

tranceFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM Lagoon 25 and I'm wondering if I can put two Neo therm heaters in the same rear chamber? They would have probably less than an inch gap between them. Is that going to cause any issues with them functioning correctly?

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't be an issue for most heaters but I haven't personally used this kind. Are you just doing this for redundancy in case one breaks?

OP
OP
T

tranceFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, in my tank I need a 100W to keep up year round, but only a 75w will fit vertically in the sump area. I had a heater in the display area for a long time but I don’t really like that it takes up room and is hard to clean around. So I bought two 75s for the back. I just hate to take up two chambers for only the heaters.

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything wrong with your approach. I just bet there's gotta be 1 heater that will fit. Wonder if your LFS would help and let you size some out and potentially open a box or two?

OP
OP
T

tranceFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been watching the lagoon 25 thread at nano-reef for years, and it seems like a lot of people either deal with the 75w or use a 100w slightly sticking out past the submerge line, but I am a little too risk adverse to try that haha. Or stick it in the display. The water depth is only like 8” in the back so it’s a bit short for most heaters.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back