Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup - 125 gallon 6ft
trigger systems 39 sump
live rock, some soft corals, fish, anemone
Located in south florida

What are some heater recommendations.

I am looking for ultra reliable. I do not want to tinker or replace on a regular basis.

I also do not want to spend a small fortune on Neptune controllers, etc etc. So something basic but ultra reliable and accurate.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much space do you have for your heaters?

My personal feeling is no matter what heaters you go with you should also run a heater controller for added safety. I have used inkbirds for years and have always been reliable. Can't really beat it for the price.

OP
OP
P

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much space do you have for your heaters?

My personal feeling is no matter what heaters you go with you should also run a heater controller for added safety. I have used inkbirds for years and have always been reliable. Can't really beat it for the price.

Thanks. I think I answered my own question. After doing some more research I think I am going with the inkbird controller and the 300w neotherm heaters.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think I answered my own question. After doing some more research I think I am going with the inkbird controller and the 300w neotherm heaters.
I am running the 150 neos. Have to say the most accurate heater I have ever used right out of the box. Tank is pretty much always within .2 degrees. No long term feedback on them but I went with them after seeing BRS rave about them.

OP
OP
P

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the 150 neos. Have to say the most accurate heater I have ever used right out of the box. Tank is pretty much always within .2 degrees. No long term feedback on them but I went with them after seeing BRS rave about them.

Sounds good. I think the extra layer of protection with the inkbird will make this a ultra reliable accurate setup like I was looking for.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I think the extra layer of protection with the inkbird will make this a ultra reliable accurate setup like I was looking for.
Definitely is. Prior to going reef I had my inkbird save me over $1000 in discus due to heater failure. Will never run without some sort of control ever again

OP
OP
P

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question! Is the inkbird itc-308 safe for my saltwater aquarium? I think I read somewhere that the probe is not made to hold up in saltwater? Anybody with experience on this?

Deepsixx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 3 200 watt Jagers connected to my Apex for redundancy. They work super great. From my experiences, I split my heater load where I can and run redundant controllers. Minimize my chances of either cooking or over cooling my tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back