Heater Help (Eheim and Aquatop)

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my issue.

New waterbox tank, tank is at 71 degrees. Had two brand new aquatop 200w heaters. Set both to 80 degrees, no difference. Took them out, setup two new 200w eheim jager heaters. Same thing, let them calibrate for 30 minutes then set them to 79 degrees and plugged them in. No difference in temp and they run for about 30-40 minutes.

I am running very low flow from sump to tank, but both are the exact same temp. Using a classic mercury thermometer and a digital thermometer to test.

What could I be missing?

They are not tripping the power strip either, and I have used this identical setup on 4 other tanks ranging from 45-295. I think the heaters may be close to the 3 watts per gallon recommendation but they are not even running that long. What could I be doing wrong? This seems to be outside the normal "3-4 degree" temp difference for the non titanium heaters.

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a guess: You have them set wrong somehow, what you can do is rotate the top red arrow to the actual temperature they heat to.

So when it's set to 79 and heating to 71. You turn the red needle to 71. Then you turn and adjust the entire heater head to 79 again (not just the red arrow). This is how the user "calibrates" their heater.

Edit:

Watch that video, he explains the heater. I think yours is probably accidentally set wrong.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back