OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that sucks. Yea this is why I do heaters with built in temp controllers with the inkbird as a fail safe.
Thanks. But this stupid heater had a built in temperature control, which is why I chose it. While I'll stay away from that heater, I'll definitely use the ink bird.

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My immediate response would be to get as much air into the water as you can - point flow at the surface, use air stone, skimmer etc. what ever you have on hand.

For ammonia there is prime, but a water change would make more sense right now imo. Just make sure the new water matches temp, no new stress.
Thanks. I'm still doing water changes and have done everything in order, but now I need to get everything dead out, which is most of it. It's so sad.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I am sorry to hear this, it’s happened to me more than once so I’m too paranoid to even use heaters on tanks over 30 or 40g …. However 20g is borderline depending on location et … just pile one endorse titanium heaters, ink bird and any controller backup

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I am sorry to hear this, it’s happened to me more than once so I’m too paranoid to even use heaters on tanks over 30 or 40g …. However 20g is borderline depending on location et … just pile one endorse titanium heaters, ink bird and any controller backup
Thanks. Argh. It's really hard to deal with this. Is endorse a brand? The hygger was titanium (I believe). I've used Eheim Jaeger for years and never an issue unless I stepped on one lol. But the sump is kind of small in my AIO so I tried something different. So, if I set up again (still debating) I'm looking for a different reliable heater with the inkbird.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Argh. It's really hard to deal with this. Is endorse a brand? The hygger was titanium (I believe). I've used Eheim Jaeger for years and never an issue unless I stepped on one lol. But the sump is kind of small in my AIO so I tried something different. So, if I set up again (still debating) I'm looking for a different reliable heater with the inkbird.
No by endorse I meant Titanium, I’m a lil leary of glass…but not fully…I’v mostly bought Finnex, never had a fail , obviously Jaegers also are solid, but they are glass….
I had a few hundred tanks so chose Ranco level fault tolerance but Inkbird is also very solid

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No by endorse I meant Titanium, I’m a lil leary of glass…but not fully…I’v mostly bought Finnex, never had a fail , obviously Jaegers also are solid, but they are glass….
I had a few hundred tanks so chose Ranco level fault tolerance but Inkbird is also very solid
Wow, a few hundred tanks. That's amazing! I hear you about the glass. I do trust Jaegers though, and would work with an inkbird. I'd feel safe I think. They are glass and they are big though. I see that Finnex does has a 50 watt. Not sure about a 25 though (for two 25s). But food for thought. Thanks.

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if I can reuse the "live" rock in my tank? Everything is gone except two fish (a clown and a watchman goby), a red legged hermit crab and at the moment, two RFAs. I'm still not sure if I have the heart to set it up again right now, but I do have the remaining livestock and well, they are my pets and I don't really want to part with them at the moment so maybe I'll set up again, or maybe just keep a small tank for them.

Anyway, regarding the rock, it had many annoying spinoid worms before this happened and I'm not sure if they survived. I also had some aiptasia before this happened, which I'd like to eradicate at this point, if they survived. But I'm wondering, would it better to just start over? Does anyone know if I can somehow clean this rock, meaning rid it of residual pests (and maybe not kill any remaining life on it at the same time) to reuse it? Thanks for your help.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back