Heater problem

msobus811

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
Location
north america
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a 200 watt heater in my 75 gallon tank I noticed when the heater is on the water around it looks like it an oily substance I’m not sure if that the water heating up or if the heater isn’t working properly can someone help me not sure if you can see it in the photo but please let me know

image.jpg
 
Like when you can see heat coming off the pavement?
 
That's just the hot water rising from the heater. Different density as the cooler water causes the light to difract differently, causing the shimmer effect. Nothing to worry about.
 
That’s what you are seeing, heat waves. Don’t worry about it
Ok I just wanted to make sure nothing wasn’t leaking or
Something I have a 20 gallon to but I’ve never seen that do that in there so I was curious thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new