Heater suggestions for large tank

I would suggest going with 2 300 watt heaters for that size tank.
 
+1 on multiple smaller heaters. Maybe even 3-4 200 watt heaters. That way if one fails, it won't change your temp so drastically.
 
I have 4 smaller heaters for my 125, but I can't stand all the messy wiring. I know not to run a single heater, but if I can get away with two or even three heaters, that would be an improvement. Any brand suggestions?
 
You don't like the mess even in your sump where you can't see it? I like the Ehiem Jager heaters. They have never let me down. I have had tanks for 10 years and Jagers are the only ones that haven't failed.
 
You don't like the mess even in your sump where you can't see it? I like the Ehiem Jager heaters. They have never let me down. I have had tanks for 10 years and Jagers are the only ones that haven't failed.

I just want to plan an organized system and one of the things that really irks me about my current setup is the messy wiring. One less wire is one less wire. I'll check out the jagers. I have a mix of different sizes and brands right now and for some reason it's bothering me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new