Heaters

VermontReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 700watt Helio with two 350w elements ( I live in Vermont) I dont have it yet. The question is I would like to run each element on a separate 20amp GFI protected circuit. Is that possible or is only one plug? If not I'll likely run a third heater for safety if the circuit gets tripped. Thoughts?

OP
OP
S

stevolough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 700watt Helio with two 350w elements ( I live in Vermont) I dont have it yet. The question is I would like to run each element on a separate 20amp GFI protected circuit. Is that possible or is only one plug? If not I'll likely run a third heater for safety if the circuit gets tripped. Thoughts?
One controller, 1 plug. 20 amp circuit can easily handle 700watts. If the gfi trips it would be from something else

OP
OP
S

stevolough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One controller, 1 plug. 20 amp circuit can easily handle 700watts. If the gfi trips it would be from something else
You do make a great point. If something tripped the gfi everything would go out. You can use two gfi plugs on the same circuit if you wire the correctly and split your pumps and heaters so you wouldn’t loose everything if one Tripped . I heat mostly with wood so in the winter I always put a heater in the display tank just in cas something happens to the return pump but never considered what would happen if a something failed and tripped the gfi.

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great News for Helio PTC Heater Owners!
All electrical components of the system will be warranted for 5 years. If you have already purchased a Helio, you will automatically be upgraded to the 5 year warranty.

We appreciate support and want you to know we support you too.

IM Team

5 YEAR Warranty.jpg

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great News for Helio PTC Heater Owners!
All electrical components of the system will be warranted for 5 years. If you have already purchased a Helio, you will automatically be upgraded to the 5 year warranty.

We appreciate support and want you to know we support you too.

IM Team

5 YEAR Warranty.jpg
Next heater I buy will be that one.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back